First credentialed Montessori Inspired Lifestyle® adult day center in the world!
We are proud to be the first adult day program in the world to become a Montessori Inspired Lifestyle® credentialed center. An important aspect of the Montessori Inspired Lifestyle® is to show deep respect for seniors by giving them a voice and empowering them to be as independent as possible by supporting their choice. The focus is on dignity, abilities, interests and participant-driven decisions.
Why does this credentialing matter to my family?
- It enhances the quality of life for your loved one impacted by dementia.
- It provides the right tools and the right environment.
- Participants are engaged in meaningful, productive activities.
- We utilize non-pharmacologic interventions for responsive behaviors.
- We create an environment for your loved one to live fully.
The Adult Day Caring Center opened its doors to clients in 1984. Oversight and staffing of the program are managed through Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility.
What is adult day care?
Our credentialed center can provide caregivers with a needed break while giving older adults a chance to socialize with their peers and remedy the isolation and loneliness many experience.
Studies show that not only do older people who attend these centers have a better quality of life but also have beneficial effects on a caregiver’s wellbeing.
Our specialized center is for older adults diagnosed with dementia. We provide the benefits of both social and medical models of care specifically for individuals with memory challenges. This allows for a safe, welcoming, stimulating environment that promotes independence.
Individuals attend on a planned basis, which may range from one to five full or half days per week. The schedule is determined based on the participant’s and family needs.
Is GoldenBerry right for my family?
Consider us when your loved one needs:
- structure in their daily routine
- continuous support
- social activities
- assistance with personal care, including optional showering
- medication reminders
- caregiver education, resources and support
- staff or volunteer to participant ratio of 1:3
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
- licensed Social Worker
- licensed Nurse
- nutritious meals and snacks
- flexible schedules
- alternative to expensive in-home and institutional care
- personalized support
- peace of mind knowing your loved one is in a safe, supportive place where they will thrive
Caregiver Testimonial: “[GoldenBerry] was a good time for [participant] and gave me a much needed break for errands or rest, whatever I needed. The impact that [GoldenBerry] has made in our lives is truly remarkable.”
- A Macomb County resident.
- Cannot safely be left home alone.
- Can no longer structure his or her own daily activities.
- Is experiencing social isolation, depression, memory loss or chronic illness.
GoldenBerry is a cost-effective way to allow for your loved one to age in place. We offer competitive private pay rates. Funding assistance may also be available through the Veterans Administration and the Area Agency on Aging 1-B to those who qualify. Please contact us for more details.
Curbside wheelchair accessible transportation is available to Macomb County residents within a 15 mile radius of the center. We will provide assistance in making these arrangements.
Free 4-hour Visit
Experience a free trial visit at our center. Please call to schedule.
For more information on the Adult Day Caring Center contact:
Office of Senior Services
21885 Dunham Road, Entrance B
Clinton Township, MI 48036
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.